Friday, December 13, 2013

A quieter routine

As my life changes in my new surroundings, my focus on fitness has changed. My slower, gentler lifestyle now has taken on a new direction.
 I now get up at 5am, not because I "have to". 
I have this addiction to watching the starry skies change to daylight. So I sit outside and watch the stars, stare up at the Milky Way and wait for falling stars while listening to the waves in the background. As the sky changes in light, I catch the indigo lit sky transform. My meditation starts with my headphones, as I listen to 108 Tibetan mantras (maybe 3 times until my head is clear and an Abraham Hicks audio meditation). By the time I open my eyes, there are usually white cranes flying and a rainbow over the water emerging. 
A gentle yoga practice at sunrise awakens my body and stimulates my brain: slow and steady and deep. 
Two hours of bliss and quiet and my day begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment