Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fear

With just a little over a month left to train for this half marathon walk, which I registered for, the fear has set in. What was I thinking? Why did I want to do this again? Of course, I'm asking these questions to my dog, Indigo.
So as I went on ranting and raving over the choice to bite the bullet and register, Indigo looked at me with her calm, gentle, loving eyes....and there the answer was: " WALK ME!" her eyes said. Now the question to that answer really was, "Who was asking the question?".
Off we went. My mentor and me!! She, unconditionally, walked 4.5 miles with me yesterday, with such joy in her tail and I joined her, wagging my tail, as we walked through our neighborhood, enjoying the "spring" day.
I dropped her off at home to get water and rest from her chivalrous duty/fun loving walk and went on to finish the last two on my own.
The fear was gone and the joy returned. My dog saved me from the ravages of fear and reminded me that I am doing this for fun (and to prove that this soon-to-be 50 year old still has some spunk left in her swagger!).

1 comment: